Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Christmas Lunch

My team went to Brasserie Blanc in Winchester for our Christmas lunch today. It cost £26.50 each, but that didn't include service charge, tips etc.

The food was very good. I had pasta with roquefort, sweet chestnuts and braised celery to start; Robert Caldecott of Holly Farm's roast turkey breast, chestnut stuffed boned thigh, slow roasted vegetables, bread sauce and port gravy to follow; and Christmas pudding, rum-scented crème anglaise and brandy butter to finish. I also had a coffee and the smallest mince pie I've ever seen. Ever.

It was all very nice.

We also had a secret santa. We'd all previously been out and bought something silly for under £5, wrapped it, and put it in a box in the manager's office. After we'd finished eating, our names were pulled out of a hat (a very nice Australian hat). When our names were called, we picked out a present from the box.

Here's a picture of what I got.




Hilarious, and a little bit disturbing. Who buys something like this? I thought the people I worked with were normal. Clearly there's a weirdo in our midst...



No comments:

Post a Comment