Friday, November 23, 2012

It's been two years...

Can you believe it? It's been a little over two years since my last blog entry.

Looking back I realise I've always been good at starting diaries, but not so good at keeping them going. I eventually get bored and stop. I have scores of such diaries in a box somewhere. It seems I'm exactly the same when it comes to keeping a blog.

It's not that I don't want to keep a blog. I find it quite therapeutic, and helps get things off my chest, usually things that upset or bother me, but sometimes things that I've found good, interesting or funny.

So I'll try again. I don't promise to write an entry every day, but instead will try to write something when I've got something to talk about.

I warn you now that I've become a grumpy old man. This isn't something I'm embarrassed about. On the contrary, I quite enjoy being grumpy at times. With my grumpy hat on, I find it easier to notice how silly people and society can be, so I'm hoping this will be a rich source of material.

One more thing: please excuse the American spelling. I'm Welsh and prefer British spelling. The browsers I use (I flip between Chrome and Firefox) are obviously set up with an American dictionary, and underlines all British spellings that have a different American spelling. I must be slightly OCD because I don't like these underlines, and so always accept the offered corrections. So we're stuck with American until I figure out how to switch to a British dictionary.

See you next time.

Postscript: I've now figured out how to switch to a British dictionary, so we should be spared U.S. spellings from now on.

No comments:

Post a Comment