Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Near-death experience (not really)

My daughter went to Bournemouth with her boyfriend after school today. It's ok because I knew all about it and because it meant I didn't have to leave work so early to pick her up. The arrangement was that I'd meet her in the Pavillion car park on Westover Road at 6.30pm.

I was bursting for a pee when I got there, and also needed some change to pay for parking. To kill two birds with one stone I headed for the ABC just down the road. ABC don't let you have change unless you buy something. I bought some sweets. Tight-arse bastards. At least they didn't charge me to use the toilet. I thought it was very restrained of me to confine my urine to the urinal.

As I started crossing the road at the pedestrian crossing on my way back to the car, I was almost knocked over by a cyclist. Not only was this dick cycling up the one-way street in the wrong direction, he also went through a  red light, and didn't have any lights on when it was dark. Twat.

On a lighter note, my daughter and I went to Wagamama (Japanese inspired restaurant) for tea. Nice. What I like about this restaurant is that they're fairly quick, and I have no idea what the things on the menu are. This time I had tori kara age as a starter (not the nicest dish I've ever had) and chicken katsu curry as a main (gorgeous). My daughter had chicken tebasaki as a starter (very nice) and yaki soba as a main (also very nice).

For those of you that are interested, here's a description of the dishes we had :

  • Tori kara age : Deep-fried chicken pieces served with a chilli, garlic, sesame and soy sauce.
  • Chicken tebasaki : Tender chicken wings glazed with a korean barbecue sauce.
  • Chicken katsu curry : Chicken breast grilled in panko breadcrumbs, served with a curry sauce and sticky white rice. garnished with dressed mixed leaves and red pickles.
  • Yaki soba : Teppan-fried soba noodles with chicken, shrimps, egg, beansprouts, peppers, white and spring onions. garnished with fried shallots, pickled ginger and sesame seeds.
For those of you that aren't interested, here's a picture of a cat wearing a helmet made from a carved-out fuit :



See you later.



No comments:

Post a Comment